- About us
- UNWTO Awards
- Contact us
In addition to Networks, UNWTO also works on promoting Working Groups, which serve as a starting point to bring together Affiliate Members who share interests in specific sectors of tourism and encourage the exchange of expertise.
On the occasion of the 38th Plenary Session of the Affiliate Members held in Yerevan, Armenia on 3-4 October 2016, it was decided to create working groups within the Affiliate Members Programme. Working Groups will allow for better support for each of the initiatives identified in the UNWTO Programme of Work including the Affiliate Members Annual Action Plan, and to provide ways for more members to actively participate in the various activities.
Working groups are defined as multidisciplinary teams led by and collaborated with UNWTO Members with common interests in a topic or issue, with the following goals:
- Serve as practical mechanism to promote and lead the discussion and action plan on a particular subject/project
- Positively advocate for tourism policy in line with UNWTO´s principles, while assisting tourism stakeholders to support those initiatives with tangible outcomes
- To establish a roadmap and propose a methodology that could enhance stakeholder collaboration and provide concrete results
So far, working groups have been created around the following four topics:
- Accessible Tourism (at the request of Red Estable)
- Technology (at the request of Google)
- Youth Travel (at the request of WYSE)
- Scientific Tourism (at the request of Fundación Starlight)
Join the Working Groups
Participation is open to UNWTO Member States, Associate Members and Affiliate Members. Interested entities are kindly asked to send a formal request to firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information on the affiliation process, please click here.