- Affiliate Members
- Conferences & Events
- Knowledge Network
- Contact us
Who are UNWTO Affiliate Members?
The Affiliate Members are companies (public or private), organizations, destinations, NGOs, educational institutions or bodies whose activities are related to tourism and which contribute to the UNWTO their knowledge and expertise to promote the development of tourism that’s responsible, sustainable and accessible for everyone.
Our Affiliate Member organizations are:
- Advanced: Because they are at the vanguard of innovation, developing new technologies, carrying out research and training the tourism professionals of the future.
- Diverse: The variety of organizations that are affiliated to UNWTO brings great value and enriches the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
For example, our members belong to airlines, travel agencies, destination promotion agencies, hotel groups, universities, business schools, trade unions, IT companies, specialized training centres and businesses involved in services, environmental research and sustainability.
- International: Being located across five continents means that our Affiliate Members can keep up to date with specialist national, regional and local knowledge. It also allows them to form partnerships with similar organizations in other parts of the world.
UNWTO Affiliate Members - facts & figures
- We have Affiliate Members with bases in more than 80 countries.
- 1m+ people – employed among our Affiliate Members and their partners.
- Highly internationalized: 70% operate in more than one country.
- 1 in 5 Members operates in all world regions.
- More than 100 universities, research centres and training schools dedicated to investigating, generating and sharing their research.
Affiliate Members Directory
For more information on the objectives, main lines of action and initiatives of the UNWTO Affiliate Members Programme, please download the 2017 UNWTO Affiliate Members Action Plan at the following link (in English only).