- About us
- UNWTO Awards
- Contact us
Information for participants
Details on the plenary session´s venues are provided below:
Day 1: Saturday, 1 October 2016
Participation in Areni Wine Festival
Each year in Areni village takes place traditional Wine Festival
The festival program includes:
- Opening ceremony
- Armenian wine-makers’ Fair
- Public and professional wine tasting
- Exhibition-fair of traditional dishes, made by the best Armenian restaurants and locals
- Business Meetings
- National music, dances, games, theatrical performances
- Art program, participation of art amateur groups
- “Armenia in your eyes” best wine label contest,
- “Gold Keg” prize for the best wine among the best wine-producers,
- Homemade wine producers contest
- “The best souvenir of the festival”
Visit to the Areni-1 winery which is a 6100-year-old winery that was discovered in 2007 in the Areni-1 cave complex in the village of Areni in the Vayots Dzor province of the Republic of Armenia by a team of Armenian and Irish archaeologists.
Visit to the Monastery Khor Virap (4th C. AD.), located at Ararat plain. This monastery is one of the most popular destinations in Armenia for a number of reasons, primarily because it is where St. Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned. Visit the Monastery Noravank (13th C. AD.), located in a narrow gorge of river Amaghu in Vayots dzor region. The gorge is known for its tall, sheer, brick-red cliffs, directly across the monastery.
Participation in the national celebration of the World Tourism Day 2016 in Armenia
Day 2: Sunday, 2 October 2016
- Sightseeing tour, including cultural program with local flavour.
- Inaugural Dinner of the UNWTO Affiliate Members Plenary will be held at the nice view restaurant.
Day 3 - 4: Monday - Tuersday, 3 - 4 October 2016
The Plenary Session will be held at:
Please download the Information Note for the participants.