- About us
- UNWTO Awards
- Contact us
How to join?
The established procedure to join the UNWTO Affiliate Members Programme is the following:
1) Fill out the “Affiliate Membership Application Form”,
2) Write a “letter of acceptance of the Statutes of UNWTO of commitment to the principles of the UNWTO Global Code of Ethics for Tourism”. The letter must be written on official stationery bearing the letterhead and seal of the applying entity. Please note that the name of the chief executive who signed the Letter of Acceptance must correspond with the signatory of the application form.
3) Send the original version of these two documents to:
The UNWTO Affiliate Members Programme
World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
C/ Capitán Haya 42, MADRID, 28020 – Spain
We advise to also send us the scanned copy of all documents prior to the shipment.
4) Request a “letter of official support from the national tourism administration of the government of the state of residence of the applicant”. The letter must be written on official stationery bearing the letterhead and seal of the governmental authority, and be sent directly to the UNWTO to the above-mentioned address. We can provide you with the necessary information to contact the governmental authority of your country if needed (email@example.com).
5) Once the three aforementioned documents have been received and after verification of compliance with the established requirements, the application will be referred to the UNWTO Executive Council for approval, which will imply the recognition and coming into force of all the rights and obligations of the Affiliate Member. All applications have to be subsequently presented to the General Assembly at its next session for ratification, as stipulated in the Statutes of UNWTO.
6) Upon approval of the application by the Executive Council, the entity shall assume its obligation to pay the prorated portion of the established annual contribution (€2,400) based on its date of admission.
7) UNWTO recently joined the SEPA banking system (Single Euro payments area) in its modality B2B, which at present includes 34 countries (The list of countries is available here). SEPA is a system to carry out payments in Euro currency in a simple, secure and effective manner among entities based in Europe. It is accessible to accounts in banks abiding by the scheme B2B inside the European Economic Area (EU, Island, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco and San Marino).
To this end, all affiliate members proceeding from these countries are kindly requested to fill in this form and return it to Ms. Mary Melgarejo (firstname.lastname@example.org) duly signed by the holder of the account or the authorized person allowing UNWTO to debit your account with the amount of your contribution.